Join your University UMC Family each Sunday (November 29 - December 20) as we begin our Advent Celebrations.
We will gather outdoors on the lawn at 3 pm and be treated to special music, sing your favorite Advent and Christmas carol, and participate in Advent Candle lighting. These services are expected to be approximately 30 minutes in length but the lasting joy they bring will carry you thru each week in Advent.
Anyone who is not showing known symptoms of COVID-19 is welcome to attend. To assist with the reservation process we ask EACH ADULT PARTICIPANT to sign up at least one week prior to each service. Adults will also register their child(ren). We encourage people who might be more vulnerable to the virus to make prayerful and wise decisions about what is best for their personal health. That applies to older adults and those with underlying health issues.
To protect yourself and those around you, the following safety protocols for our outdoor gathering will include:
• Completion of a health screening (no symptoms of illness, COVID exposure, travel, etc.). Please arrive 20 to 30 minutes prior to the start of the Service to complete this procedure.
• Participation in a temperature check upon arrival (temperature must be at or below 100°F to participate)
• Parking in every other space and on the northern side of our parking lot
• The wearing of a face-covering over both mouth and nose while on campus
• Providing your own lawn chairs or blankets (none will be provided by the church due to sanitation requirements)
• Maintaining at least 6 feet of distancing between yourself and anyone not residing in your household
• Refraining from hugging, shaking hands, or any other form of personal contact
NOTE: YOU CANNOT MAKE A RESERVATION IF "GENERAL RELEASE" IS NOT CHECKED!!!
University United Methodist Church of Irvine will continue to offer online worship services and activities as well so everyone has the opportunity to experience worship in a way that works best for you!